This 1.5-hour guided visit to El Prado Museum is ideal for those travelers tired of wasting time queuing to enter to museums. Visit El Prado Museum, the most important art gallery in the world. Admire the works by Goya, Velázquez, Rubens and Caravaggio amongst others
From April to October, every day
Saturday from November to March
Madrid City Tour Information Kiosk
- Enjoy one of the world's best art collections without queuing
- Discover masterpieces like 'Las Meninas' by Velázquez and 'La Maja Desnuda' by Goya
- Explore both the extension and the old building of the Prado Museum
GUIDED VISIT TO THE PRADO MUSEUM WITH PREFERRED ACCESS
The building that today houses the Museo Nacional del Prado was designed by architect Juan de Villanueva in 1785. It was constructed to house the Natural History Cabinet, by orders of King Charles III. However, the building's final purpose - as the new Royal Museum of Paintings and Sculptures - was the decision of the monarch's grandson, King Ferdinand VII, encouraged by his wife Queen Maria Isabel de Braganza. The Museo Nacional del Prado, opened to the public for the first time in November 1819.
The Museum's first catalogue, published in 1819, included 311 paintings, although at that time its collection comprised just over 1,510 pictures from the various Reales Sitios (Royal Residences). The exceptionally important royal collection, which represents the foundation of the Museum's collection as we know it today, started to increase significantly in the 16th century during the time of Charles V and continued to thrive under the succeeding Habsburg and Bourbon Monarchs. It is down to them than nowadays we can contemplate in the Museum as greatest masterpieces as The Garden of Earthly Delights by Bosch, The Nobleman with his hand on his Chest by El Greco, Las Meninas by Velázquez and The Family of Carlos IV by Goya.
The visit will take place in chronological order, starting with the exhibit hall where the masterpieces of J. Bosch (El Bosco) (1450-1516): The Table of the 7 Deadly Sins, The Hay Wain, The temptations of San Antonio, The Stone of Madness and The Garden of Delights, to continue with the rooms devoted to the Greco (1540-1614): The gentleman's hand on his chest, The Trinity, Christ embraced the cross and The Annunciation. Velázquez (1599-1660): The Worship, Drunkards, Equestrian Portraits, the Forge of Vulcan, The Christ, The spinners, Spears and Las Meninas, ending with Goya (1746-1828): The family of Carlos IV Pictures, The Shootings of May 2, Pestles and Black Paintings.
DEPARTURE TIME & DURATION
• From April to October, every day.
• Saturday from November to March.
• 3:00 pm.
• Approximately 1.5 hours.
• Flat rate: 40 €.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• Guided tour with English and Spanish speaking guides.
• Entrance to Prado Museum valid for one day, until closing time.
• You need to book at least 24 hours in advance.
GOOD TO KNOW
• Remember to go to the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time.
• Make sure to book in advance,since there is limited availability. That is all we need to know to organize you the perfect guided tour inside Museo del Prado. Satisfaction guaranteed!
WHO WILL GO?
|Order inscription||Name||Surname||Date||Start time||End Time||Reserved places|