World Heritage city, Toledo is one of the oldest cities in Europe and is known as the 'City of Three Cultures', due to the coexistence of Christians, Muslims and Jews. With this tour you will immerse yourself in the two of the most representative buildings in Toledo
Daily departures: At 9:00 am.
Calle San Nicolás, 15
Plaza de Ramales
- Enjoy the art and architecture of the city where El Greco was born
- Discover the medieval city of Toledo and why is called the 'City of the Three Cultures'
- Taste a traditional Castilian lunch
Although initially Toledo was inhabited during the Bronze Age, it did not bloom until medieval times when the coexistence between Muslims, Jews and Christians made this city become a renowned handicraft center. Toledo is the best day trip you can do from Madrid. This tour will take you through the most emblematic buildings of the so called City of Three Cultures, the Saint Mary Cathedral, the Santa Maria La Blanca Synagogue, and the Cristo de la Luz Mosque.
This tour includes a visit to The Alcazar of Toledo, the biggest building in the city. Originally built by the Romans in the 3rd century as a palace, the current Toledo's Alcazar was turned into a fortress due to its strategic location in the highest point of the city. Visit this incredible building and relish the amazing views of the city.
In the middle of the tour, you will have the opportunity to relax while tasting a traditional Castilian lunch. Then you will learn more about the city by visiting the Victorio Macho Museum and the St. Tome Church where the masterpieces of El Greco are shown.
DEPARTURE TIME & DURATION
• Every day at 9:00 am (April to October). Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays from November to March.
• Approximately 8 hours.
• Adults: 72 € (without lunch); 85 € (with Tourist lunch); and 93 € (Traditional lunch).
• Kids (6-15): 54 € (without lunch); 64 € (with Tourist lunch); and 74 € (Traditional lunch).
• Senior (+65): 65 € (without lunch); 77 € (with Tourist lunch); and 84 € (Traditional lunch).
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• Guide in English, Spanish, French or Italian.
• Transport from the starting point to Toledo and back aboard a comfortable air-conditioned bus.
• Tourist lunch: Sautéed mixed vegetables, veal loin with green beans and potatoes, ice cream with fruit salad.
• Or Traditional lunch: Castilian appetizers and tapas, roast shoulder of lamb with sautéed vegetables, truffle cake with ice cream, wine, water and coffee.
• You need to book at least 3 hours in advance.
GOOD TO KNOW
• Comfortable shoes and clothes are recommended.
• This tour is available in French only Tuesdays and Sundays.
• This tour is available in Italian only Wednesdays and Thursdays.
• Remember to go to the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time (Calle San Nicolás, 15, next to Plaza de Ramales).
WHO WILL GO?
|Order inscription||Name||Surname||Date||Start time||End Time||Reserved places|
- C Charley N (Australia) Toledo is one of the oldest cities in Europe. It is worth the visit. The scenery alone is breathtaking. The tour is very informative and it's a full day with lunch at a nice restaurant with a fantastic view of the city.!!
- N Niki T (Belgium) Very nice. We visited the cathedral along with other landmarks of Toledo. Worthy to pay a visit if you are in Toledo. One of the city's landmarks.!!
- O Ossama K (Saudi Arabia) This is a must see for anyone who loves architecture, history, and art. Huge and beautiful!. Any lover of history, art, and architecture will be enthralled by this massive cathedral. The entry fee is reasonable and the audio tour is very informative, taking the visitor from one end of the cathedral to the other and providing extensive detail. We absolutely loved this place and spent hours exploring all the nooks of the city.
- S Sara N (Canada) The city of Toledo has a long and varied history, spanning Islamic, Jewish and Christian. There are many astonishing chapels throughout the cathedral and a vast collection of artwork by many of the Masters. One of the most breathtaking sights.
- J Jim H (United States) Incredible really the city of Toledo. I am not religious but have visited many churches and cathedrals and don't recall any so obviously steeped in centuries of history as Toledo.
- N Nicole C (Italy) We loved Toledo but wished that we would have just gone on our own. It was nice to take a bus into town and to can a tour of the Cathedral. Also, the Toledo pass was very helpful as we had thought. We are so glad, It is well worth a visit!.
- M Matin F (United Kingdom) This trip is worth doing because Toledo is a beautiful little town in the mountains. Its a shopping haven for those who enjoy street shopping for cute little leather bags, hats, caps and other accessories. Actually you need to stay there for a night to really soak in this beautiful little hamlet. Its quite hilly so do take your walking shoes and lots of water. The guide was a graceful lady who was very helpful and knowledgeable.
- V Victoria M (Germany) The tour was fabulous especially our absolutely FABULOUS guide that met us in Toledo and took us through the Cathedral and other monuments, she was so lovely, knowledgable and sooo patient having to give the tour in both english and Spanish, my only regret is not getting her name so I could specifically thank her again for an incredible tour and their great tips !!!
- J John C (Brazil) Perfect day trip out of Madrid with a great balance between guided tours and plenty of time to explore on our own. The guide was very good made a beautiful intro to the city, and the guided walking tour was informative and fun! Lunch was great and the buildings were stunning!