This one-day tour is ideal for those travelers visiting Spain for a few days willing to know something other than Madrid. Enjoy three of the most emblematic buildings and museums of Castile. Immerse yourself in history in a journey through five centuries of Spanish history, art and architecture.
Check the calendar
Departures at 8:45 am
Calle San Nicolás, 15
Plaza de Ramales
- Discover three of the most visited spots of Spain outside of Madrid
- Marvel at the incredible art collections in El Escorial and in the Toledo's Museums
- Enjoy the greatness of Spain with a guided tour along the most representative places
This one-day trip begins with a visit to San Lorenzo de El Escorial. This magnificent site includes the Royal Palace, the Monastery, the Basilica, the royal burial and a library. It was built between 1563 and 1584, to be a residence for the Spanish monarch and its pantheon.
Continue the day paying a visit to El Valle de los Caídos (The Valley of the Fallen), a monument erected by Franco to honor those who perished in the Spanish Civil War. This striking memorial includes the largest cross of Spain, which is 150 meters high.
In the afternoon, you will be amazed by the legends and the history of Toledo, the City of the Three Cultures. This tour will take you through its most emblematic buildings: the Saint Mary Cathedral, the Santa Maria La Blanca Synagogue, and the Cristo de la Luz Mosque.
This tour includes a visit to The Alcazar of Toledo, the biggest building in the city. Originally built by the Romans in the 3rd century as a palace, the current Toledo's Alcazar was turned into a fortress due to its strategic location in the highest point of the city. Visit this incredible building and relish the amazing views of the city.
In the middle of the tour, you will have the opportunity to relax while tasting a traditional Castilian lunch. Then you will learn more about the city by visiting the Victorio Macho Museum and the St. Tome Church where the masterpieces of El Greco are shown.
DEPARTURE TIME & DURATION
• April to October: Daily except Monday (8:45 am).
• November to March: Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays (8:45 am).
• Approximately 10 hours.
• Adults: 103 € (without lunch) or 113 € (with lunch).
• Kids (6-15): 77 € (without lunch) or 85 € (with lunch).
• Senior (+65): 93 € (without lunch) or 102 € (with lunch).
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• Air-conditioned bus.
• Official bilingual guide.
• Entrance to the Royal Monastery of El Escorial.
• Entrance to the Valley of the Fallen and the Basilica.
• Entrance to the monuments specified in the tour description of Toledo: Church of Santo Tomé (or Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes), Synagogue of Santa María de la Blanca and Mosque of Cristo de la Luz.
• You need to book at least 3 hours in advance.
GOOD TO KNOW
• The itinerary includes long distances walking. Please bring comfortable shoes and clothes.
• Remember to go to the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time (Calle San Nicolás, 15, junto a la Plaza de Ramales).
WHO WILL GO?
|Order inscription||Name||Surname||Date||Start time||End Time||Reserved places|