This day trip is ideal for those travelers whose like to visit interesting cultural cities outside Madrid, avoiding uncomfortable overnights. Explore two of the most beautiful Castile’s cities, declared UNESCO World Heritage sites within a 9-hour itinerary.
Everyday: at 9:00 am.
Calle San Nicolás, 15
Plaza de Ramales
- Discover two of the most amazing Castilla y León's cities
- Explore two UNESCO World Heritage Sites: the Walls of Ávila and the Aqueduct of Segovia
- Taste a traditional Spanish lunch, including the famous roast suckling pig in Segovia
Ávila, the birthplace of Saint Teresa de Jesus, will be our first stop. Thick 11th century Romanesque walls surround the old city, guarding many of its wonderful sights. More than a city, it looks like a great castle. It boasts numerous Romanesque churches, Gothic palaces and a 12th century fortified cathedral. This was the birthplace of St. Teresa of Jesus, great mystic of the Catholic Church. We make a stop at Cerro de Los Cuatro Postes to admire one of the best views of the city. The tour includes the Cathedral (exterior), San Vicente Basilica and Santa Teresa Convent.
We moved to Segovia, a city that was an important military centre in Roman times, demonstrated by the construction of its magnificent aqueduct. It was chosen by the kings and queens of Castile as their residence and has one of Spain's best preserved medieval quarters. The tour includes the Cathedral and Alca╠üzar. Upon arrival, your choice of free time for lunch or lunch at a traditional restaurant included.
DEPARTURE TIME & DURATION
• Every day at 9:00 am (April to October). Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from November to March.
• Approximately 9 hours.
• Adults: 89 € (with 'tapa'); 102 € (with Tourist lunch); and 112 € (Traditional lunch).
• Kids (6-15): 67 € (with 'tapa'); 77 € (with Tourist lunch); and 84 € (Traditional lunch).
• Senior (+65): 80 € (with 'tapa'); 92 € (with Tourist lunch); and 101 € (Traditional lunch).
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• • Air-conditioned bus.• Official bilingual guide.
• Entrance to the Santa Teresa de Jesús Convent.
• Entrance to the Basilica of San Vicente.
• Entrance to the Cathedral of Segovia.
• Entrance to the Alcázar of Segovia.
• With 'Tapa': Includes a drink –refreshment, beer, wine, mineral water, coffee– and a tapa of Spanish tortilla.
• Tourist lunch: La Granja broad beans, Segovia-Style stewed young beef with side and dessert.
• Or Traditional lunch: La Granja Broad Beans, roast suckling pig, ponche Segoviano layer cake with ice cream, wine, mineral water and coffee.
• You need to book at least 3 hours in advance.
GOOD TO KNOW
• Comfortable shoes and clothes are recommended.
• Remember to go to the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time (Calle San Nicolás, 15, junto a la Plaza de Ramales).
WHO WILL GO?
|Order inscription||Name||Surname||Date||Start time||End Time||Reserved places|
- A Anny R (Germany) This is perfect offer for those who wants to see as much as possible around Madrid, but is limited in time. Our guide was great, she told us a lot of interesting and relevant information, And all was done in interesting manner , so all tour was amazing!!.
- M Mario B (United Kingdom) We don't like tours so it was not on our list of things to do while we were in Madrid but we wanted to see both Avila and Segovia as well as other places, so this tour which included both places and a lunch seemed the best way. So the tour started with a good breakdown of information on the coach before we arrived the guide who spoke in Spanish and English was fantastic giving information alternating in English or Spanish the pace was very good and you had a choice of lunch menu tourist which is basic or tradisional with wine water and a very good meal most people had choose this menu and all the people I talked to said it was very good. After lunch we had options to meet up for a tour at two places or even just meet later at the coach which gave everyone the chance to do their own thing. I can safely say I would recommend this tour to anyone it's not cheap but it's a good one to choose.
- C Cristopher F (Canada) Incredible history and great sights. Buildings that are hundreds, even thousands of years old. Magnificent tour, great food, and the guide was knowledgeable and interesting!!