World Heritage city, Toledo is one of the oldest cities in Europe and is known as the 'City of Three Cultures', due to the coexistence of Christians, Muslims and Jews. With this tour you will discovter two of the most representative buildings of Toledo
Calle San Nicolás, 15
Plaza de Ramales
- Discover one of the most interesting cities in Europe in 5 hours
- Marvel with the incredible art and architecture of the 'City of the Three Cultures'
- Admire El Greco masterpieces and and visit one of the oldest synagogues in the worlde
This 5-hour tour is perfect for those travelers willing to visit Toledo, but want to avoid packing and staying overnight outside Madrid. Discover the history behind the walls of this medieval city known as the City of the Three Cultures, regarding the historical coexistence of Christians, Muslims and Jews in Toledo for centuries.
Considered by many the town of Harmony, Christians, Jews and Muslims lived here in peace for centuries. Toledo half-day tour allows you to explore the main buildings of the three faiths: the Cathedral, the San Juan de Los Reyes church, the Santa Maria La Blanca Synagogue, the Jewish quarter and the Cristo de la Luz Mosque.
Toledo was a prosperous city for years due to a substantial production by thr Royal Arms Factory, established in 1761, by order of King Carlos III. Nowadays, Toledo is still producing works of art of blacksmithing. You will be able, as part of the tour, to see the curious damascening process and buy some pieces as souvenirs.
• Casa Museo del Greco (*) • Cathedral Exterior visit • Church of Santo Tomé with El Entierro de lord of Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco • Convent of Santo Domingo el Antiguo -place where El Greco is buried- • Demonstration of the famous Damasquinado technique (inlay of precious metals in steel), sword forging • Panoramic Tour of Toledo.
(*) El Greco House Museum can be replaced by the Tavera Hospital, which houses an important collection of works by El Greco.
DEPARTURE TIME & DURATION
• 8:45 am.
• Approximately 5 hours.
• Adults: 57 €.
• Kids (6-15): 41 €.
• Senior (+65): 50 €.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• Comfortable air-conditioned bus.
• Official bilingual guide.
• Entrance to Church of Saint Tomé.
• Entrance to the House Museum of El Greco or Tavera Hospital.
• Entrance to the Convent of Santo Domingo el Antiguo.
• You need to book at least 3 hours in advance.
GOOD TO KNOW
• Remember to go to the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time (Calle San Nicolás, 15, next to Plaza de Ramales).
• Be aware that Toledo is a city set on a hill and its historical center requires comfortable shoes and clothing to be easily discovered.
WHO WILL GO?
|Order inscription||Name||Surname||Date||Start time||End Time||Reserved places|