Get on a double-decker open-top bus with air conditioning and sunroof in any of the 52 stops throughout the city. Then go up and get off the bus at any time, or remain on board throughout the trip
March-October: From 9:00 am until 10:00 pm.
November-February: From 10:00 am until 6:00 pm.
At any of the Madrid City Tour stops
- Discover Madrid from the comfort of our bus
- Multilingual digital audio system
Frequency: daily every 8-15 min depending of season
The funniest and easiest way to know the city on our double-decker buses. With one ticket, you will be able to hop on and off the bus all day along the route of your choice or change to another, admiring the architectural and cultural magnificence of Madrid, with the commentaries offered through a headphones audio system in fourteen different languages.
You will be given a map of the city and discount checks for different shops and restaurants in the city. The operational frequency, depending on the season of the year, ranges approximately between 8 and 15 minutes. Route 1 takes about 80 minutes. And Route 2 lasts about 65 minutes.
• Route 1 (Blue color): Museo del Prado, Puerta de Alcalá, Barrio de Salamanca, Plaza de Colón, Plaza de Cibeles, Gran Vía, Plaza de España, Templo de Debod, Teatro Real, Palacio Real, Puerta de Toledo, San Francisco El Grande, Catedral Almudena, Plaza Mayor, Puerta del Sol, Círculo Bellas Artes, Museo Thyssen, Museo Reina Sofía, Jardín Botánico and Museo del Prado.
• Route 2 (Green color): Plaza Neptuno, Plaza de Cibeles, Plaza de Colón, Museo Esculturas, Museo de Ciencias Naturales, Nuevos Ministerios, Santiago Bernabéu, C.S.I. Científicas, Museo Lázaro Galdiano, Serrano, Museo Arqueológico, Puerta de Alcalá, Alcalá, Puerta del Sol, Plaza de las Cortes and Plaza de Neptuno.
Download here the map with the routes.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• Air conditioned double-decker open top motor-coaches.
• Multilingual digital audio system.
• Valid ticket for one day:
- Adult: 21 euros.
- Children (7-15): 10 euros.
- Children (0-6): Free.
- Senior (+65): 10 euros.
- Family (two adults + two children): 53 euros.
• Valid ticket for two days:
- Adult: 25 euros.
- Children (7-15): 13 euros.
- Children (0-6): Free.
- Senior (+65): 13 euros.
- Family (two adults + two children): Available only for a day.
GOOD TO KNOW
• You can begin your hop-on hop-off tour at any of the Madrid City Tour stops by showing your voucher when getting on board.
• Route 1 departs and ends at Prado Museum and is 80 minutes long approx.
• Route 2 starts and ends at Plaza Neptuno and is 65 minutes long approx.
• The confirmation booking email will serve as proof of your reservation. You must print it and present it to the bus driver
WHO WILL GO?
|Order inscription||Name||Surname||Date||Start time||End Time||Reserved places|
- M Mary A. (France) Frequent buses and friendly guides. We found it was great value - paid 53€ for a 1day Family ticket, and covered our transport to all the spots we wanted to visit. Starts at 10a.m from various points along the route, their office is outside the Prado or you can buy tickets at any tobacconist stall.
- I Ivan P. (Australia) The hop on - hop off bus is a great way to see a city, especially one as big as Madrid. Be sure to bring your camera and a wrap to give yourself the flexibility to sit upstairs in the open which is great! Bring your camera for those wonderful unobstructed views that you cannot get from the ground. I realized I could see the top of buildings much better than from the sidewalk and the tops are sometimes the highlight of a building. We did the whole loop in one sitting and then walked back to the places we wanted to see again. The earphones allow an explanation of what you are seeing and the map shows the route and where you can get on and get off. If you get off the bus during a busy time of the day, you might not get a seat upstairs again. But you can make this trip as short or as long as you wish; very flexible. Very well worth the money!!
- N Nina R. (Belgium) Take the 2 day option which is only slightly dearer ie 4 €. It was a great way to see the whole city and have time to visit galleries and parks. The audio guide I felt gave too much info for anyone to absorb. Eg names of all architects for buildings etc Mostly unpronounceable names! Still it was a great tour and a brilliant way to see the city in a short time.
- R Ryan T. (Malaysia) Covers all the main highlights in Madrid and has an audio component of the tour in various languages. It is a good option when you have limited time but want to see as much as possible during your stay in Madrid.
- D David M (United States) This is very convenient way to tour city if you have free time and not previously booked tour.It can be booked from hotel also and there are many pick up points nearby.There are different routes and you can enjoy both.This takes you round important places in madrid.
- B Berit T (Finland) I like to do the hop on/off bus tours when available. The Madrid tour was pretty good. One route went past the historic sites and museums. The second route went through modern Madrid. The bus tour helps me to get a feel for the locations of the tourist sites and their location to my hotel. It saves me a lot of aimless walking. It allows me to make the most of my time in the city. I enjoyed the Madrid tour. I especially like the on/off for seeing the sites.